Research Stained ConcreteCost, maintenance and more
- Do it myself or hire a pro?
- Precautions when applying stain? Buyer's Guide to Concrete Stain Products
- Acid-based stains
- Water-based penetrating stains
- Questions to ask before buying stains Surface Preparation
- Cleaning concrete before staining
- Tips for removing existing flooring Applying Acid Stains
- Basic tools for applying stains
- Secrets to achieving great results
- Six unique looks with concrete stains
- Neutralizing concrete after staining Common Staining Issues
- Troubleshooting common acid staining problems
- Improving Slip Resistance
- Sealer application tips
- Six questions to ask before buying a sealer
Troubleshooting Common Acid Staining Problems
Because of the variable nature of stains and the condition of the concrete you are applying them to, things can go wrong even if you follow all the proper procedures. You can get answers to common problems associated with acid staining from decorative concrete expert Chris Sullivan of ConcreteNetwork.com.
Read about Sullivan's acid stain solutions to the following most common issues you are likely to encounter.
- Dealing with faded color
- Touching up problem spots
- What are the basic steps and how can I avoid problems?
- Quick fix for blemished acid-stained floors
- How to remove footprints
- Why does stain wash away?
- Blending acid stain colors
- Avoiding acid burn
- Is it OK to use an acid wash before staining?
- Color differences when staining patches in a concrete floor